Tessemae's Honey Balsamic dressing is the star here, it's officially my new favorite salad dressing.
I haven't posted in weeks. I was feeling insecure about my photographs. I want to deliver the best content possible. Now that I have a proper camera and studio lights, I'm going to be posting more instead of only instagram. (If you don't follow me already, follow @sweetbyshayla)
When it comes to salads, I always try and source out organic and fresh ingredients. It's important to me that I eat organic produce due to how disgusting the food industry is. Like, I've said in the past - I go back and forth with the decision to go vegan full time. I mainly eat a plant based diet. I consume meat or cheese a few times a week. I'm sort of a lazy cook, so the whole prepping process for cooking meat has been annoying me lately.
When it comes to shrimp, I don't like to buy raw shrimp because it's so expensive. The price of shrimp in my local grocery stores are outrageous. I'm not paying $20/lb for some damn shrimp! Don't even get me started on the price of steak. No thank you.
My favorite salad.
(featuring shrimp, almond mozzarella, tomatoes, avocado, and kale)
Honey Balsamic Chipotle Shrimp Kale Salad
Prep Time: 5 min
Remember: I season to taste, I do not measure my seasonings.
- 1 Serving of Cooked Medium Shrimp (I used a bag of shrimp that I purchased from the store, 1 serving was 13 shrimps. *you can use raw shrimp if you'd prefer
- 1 cup Kale
- Seasonings: Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel Seasoning, Herbs de Provence, Garlic Powder, and 1 tsp of chipotle chile
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp Tessemae's Honey Balsamic Dressing
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe's Almond Mozzarella Cheese
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Prep your veggies by chopping them up. If you're going to be using more than avocado and tomatoes, begin by rinsing and chopping.
- Wash your kale, spray with the olive oil spray & (add a squeeze of lemon to cut down on the bitterness of the kale, I don't do this and I usually just add some salt on the kale instead). Add your kale and veggies to a bowl.
- Add some Olive Oil Cooking Spray to a pan and then add your pre-cooked shrimp. Season the shrimp while it's in the pan. You're not exactly cooking the shrimp, you're just heating it and letting the seasoning seep into the shrimp.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and add your shrimp into your bowl. Top the salad with the Honey Balsamic Dressing, Almond Mozzarella, and EBTB seasoning.